Uniform: 7th–12th Grade
The table below outlines the uniform guidelines for 7th–12th grade students. Specific color and style requirements for uniform items can be found on the suppliers website.
All uniform items should be purchased from Lands’ End or Tommy Hilfiger. Refer to the Uniform Suppliers page for links and information on how to order. Be sure to register and stipulate the grade and gender of your child(ren) and use the size charts supplied by each supplier to determine what size to order.
(Grades 7 & 8)
(Grades 7 & 8)
|Every Day Except Wednesday||Every Day Except Wednesday||Every Day Except Wednesday||Every Day Except Wednesday
|Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)||Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)||Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)||Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)
|Optional for Every Day||Optional for Every Day||Optional for Every Day||Optional for Every Day
|PE Uniform||No PE Uniform Required for 9th-12th Grade Students|
Additional Options for Friday:Any Geneva top (e.g. TGS polo, team or club shirt/sweater/sweatshirt, or TGS shirt/sweater purchased through the advancement office) may be worn with uniform skort, skirt, shorts, or pants.
If you have ANY questions about uniform, please do not hesitate to contact us. During the school year, please contact Isabel O’Driscoll in student services. During the weeks of summer, please contact Sarah Cloke.
- Uniforms should be clean and neat at all times
- Belts should be worn with pants or shorts
- Skirts should be no shorter than 3” above the middle of the knee cap—from the front and from the back. If a student’s skirt is too short, they will be required to purchase a new one.
- Oxford shirts must be tucked in at all times, buttoned to the second-from-the-top button, and collar buttons buttoned down.
- If an undershirt is worn, it should be white.
- Students must wear a school polo or oxford shirt beneath any school sweater.
- Hair needs to be neat and clean. The student’s eyes and face must be visible at all times.
- Jewelry and makeup (if worn) should be simple and tasteful.
- No visible tattoos or piercings (except up to two piercings per ear lobe for the ladies).
- Male students may not grow facial hair.
Dress-Up Uniform Shoes: Students are required to wear dress shoes on dress up days.
Girls: Black, brown, white, or navy leather closed-toe dress shoes.
Boys: Black or brown leather dress shoes.
Non-Dress-Up Uniform Shoes: On non-dress-up days, students may express themselves in their footwear as long as they stay within these guidelines:
- No flip-flops, slippers, or Crocs
- Sandals must have a back strap
- No shoes with inappropriate graphics
- Shoe color and style should be in good taste